Virginia Blood Services’ Blood Donor Mobile App that puts the power to support life in the palm of your hand, will be available to download on iPhone and Android soon!
The Virginia Blood Services Donor Mobile App makes donating blood, plasma or platelets easier than ever. With just the tap of a finger, donors will be able to find ongoing blood drives and locate any of Virginia Blood Services’ 9 community donor centers throughout the state. The app will send appointment reminders, allow donors to link to their VBS Rewards points, track health data in their Wellness Profile, and share donation activities with friends on social media.
The app tracks the number of donations and provides dates of eligibility for a donor’s next donation. Another feature is the “Invite-a-Friend” button, which allows a donor to recruit friends to Be the Giving Type, encouraging them to donate blood. Cholesterol levels, blood pressure, pulse and hemoglobin results from their previous donations are also instantly available.
Features of the app include:
- Find local blood drives and community donor centers quickly and easily
- Convenient, easy appointment scheduling and rescheduling
- Manage contact preferences
- Keep track of your blood donations (whole blood, plasma, platelets)
- Receive appointment reminders
- Invite a friend to donate blood and Be the Giving Type
- Share your donation on social media
- Get in touch with VBS Donor Services